SimpliCD – What is SimpliCD?
SimpliCD (pronounced "simplicity") is a turnkey certificate of deposit program that allows credit union investors to easily invest substantial funds in federally insured CDs without the hassle, time, and expense of investigating potential issuers and purchasing the CDs themselves.
SimpliCD also gives financial institutions a convenient and effective means of generating liquidity by issuing federally insured CDs without having to spend the time and money to market their deposits nationally, analyze the market, or manage multiple CDs and deposit relationships.
SimpliCD streamlines the investment process, freeing up your time to attend to other credit union matters.
Investing in CDs through SimpliCD
SimpliCD is an established certificate of deposit program that has been in existence for
more than 10 years. SimpliCD helps credit unions invest funds in federally insured CDs. SimpliCD streamlines the investment process for credit unions yet is a complete investment system that combines the safety of CD investing with the performance of the most competitive interest rates available.
How Does It Work?
- Each day, SimpliCD searches its nationwide network of issuers for the best rates on federally insured jumbo CDs.
- You'll be shown rates for CDs in terms ranging from six months to five years, and in amounts ranging from $99,000 to $20 million.
- Placements are made by purchasing multiple CDs up to the standard maximum deposit insurance amount at separately insured issuers. A detailed tracking system assures that no more than the insured deposit amount is placed in any single financial institution within the SimpliCD program.
- SimpliCD purchases the CDs in a custodial capacity on your behalf, passing all federal insurance benefits through to you. You remain the legal owner of the CDs.
- SimpliCD tracks, monitors and collects all of your earnings. You'll receive a single consolidated monthly interest payment for all of your SimpliCD investments.
- Finally, in addition to your daily transaction statements, SimpliCD provides you with one monthly statement that details your entire SimpliCD portfolio.
- No more phone calls to multiple issuers to find competitive rates
- No more multiple wire transfers to invest in multiple CDs
- Flexible terms and amounts that fit into your investment strategy
- Free third-party performance reviews on SimpliCD issuers that help you make more informed investment decisions
- Single transaction settlement with no transaction fees
- Consolidated monthly reports for easier accounting and auditing
- The security of investing with federally insured institutions
For more information, email an investment professional at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.405.7067.
Frequently Asked Questions
Top 10 Reasons to Choose